Google Workspace: Resetting a Workspace User's Password
If you are the admin of a business email account, you can reset a Workspace user's password if they misplace or forget their password. Only admins can do this.
To reset the password of a Workspace user:
- Go to your Business Email page.
- Click the Show More icon next to the relevant business email.
- Click Manage at Google.
- Sign in to your Google Workspace account:
- Enter your email address.
- Click Next.
- Enter the password.
- Click Sign In.
Note: If you are signed in to another Google account, click the profile image or initial at the top right and select your account.
- Click Users.
- Hover over the relevant user and click the Reset password icon .
- (Optional) Toggle off Automatically generate a password, and enter a new password to manually set a new password.
- Click Reset.
- (Optional) Select Click to copy password to copy the autogenerated password.
- (Optional) Click Email Password, enter an email address to send the password to, and click Send.
- Click Done.
Did this help?