Editor X: Adding and Customizing Videos on Your Site
Videos are a great way to engage your visitors and tell your brand's story. Editor X makes it easy to showcase your content, embed from social media and add stunning video-based design elements.
In this article, learn how to:
Adding a video
There's several types of videos you can add to your site:
- Single videos: Upload your own video or embed one from a social network.
- VideoBox: Showcase your own videos, free Wix videos, or professional Shutterstock videos in beautifully designed video containers.
- Transparent video: Add or upload your own videos with transparent backgrounds.
To add a new video:
- Click Add on the top of Editor X.
- Click Media.
- Select a video type under Video (e.g., Single videos, VideoBox, etc.)
- Drag a video to the desired location on your site.
- (Optional) Click Change Video to upload your own, add a free Wix video or purchase a professional video.
Customizing a Single Video Player
Customize the Single Video Player's layout, design and behavior to your specific needs. You can choose whether your video starts playing automatically and / or in a loop, decide which controls to show and design them as well.
Click below to learn how to customize your Single Video Player:
Change the video
Decide how your video plays
Adjust the video player's layout
Design the video player
Customizing a VideoBox
When using VideoBoxes to display media, you get a lot of creative liberty to make them part of the design. Set the video to play exactly how it should, choose its focal point and design every detail - from the cover image to the Play button.
Click below to learn how to customize your VideoBox:
Set your VideoBox behaviors
Choose the focal point
Design the VideoBox
Add a video mask
Change the Play button
Stretching a video
Add any video and stretch it to fill a page section, container or grid cell.
To stretch a video:
- Click the video on your page.
- Click the Stretch icon on the top right of the video to fill the whole space.
Having issues with your video? Click a question below to learn more:
Why is my video not playing on my live site?
I have set my video to autoplay, but there's no sound. Why?
Did this help?