CMS: Adding and Setting Up Selection Tags
3 min read
You can use selection tags in your user input form to allow visitors to select and submit multiple choices. For example, you may want them to select multiple interests or hobbies. This info is stored in your database collection when the form is submitted.
Step 1 | Add and Set Up your Selection Tags
- Access the Add panel:
- Wix Editor: Click Addon the left of the Editor.
- Editor X: Click Addat the top of Editor X.
- Click Input.
- Click and drag the Selection Tags of your choice.
- Click the Settings icon .
- Select or deselect the Require visitors to select a tag checkbox.
- Click Manage Choices to add the items (choices) that visitors can select:
Show me how
Step 2 | Connect Your Selection Tags
- Click the Connect to Dataicon to connect the tags to your collection.
- Click Connect a dataset to choose a dataset from the drop-down list.
- Click the Tag value connects to drop-down and select the fields you want to store the tags in or click Add new collection field to add a new one (the field must be type: Tags).
Make sure you have a submit button on your page so visitors can submit their selection.
Using Velo by Wix?
If you have enabled Velo, each tag will have a "label" and a "value".
- Label: The text that displays on the tags on your site. It can be translated by Wix Multilingual.
- Value: The text that gets entered into your database collection. Values are unique identifiers for Velo. They are always in English but will not show on your site.
Did this help?