Adding a Reference Field to a Database Collection
2 min read
Link one collection to other collections of yours, using reference fields. You can access all the fields in both a main collection and referenced collection using a reference field. Then you can display content from multiple collections inside a page element.
When displaying content from multiple collections, you are working with:
- Main collections: A collection with a reference field linking to items in another collection.
- Referenced collections: This is the collection to which we are linking.
A reference field lets you link items from one collection with another collection. The reference field displays the value in the Primary field of the specific item in the referenced collection.
Step 1 | Create a reference field
Step 2 | Fill in the reference field
In the CMS, reference fields have the following features:
- A database icon in the column header
- A dropdown list for picking a value from the referenced collection
- Blue highlight around the field values
Looking for Advanced information?
Learn more about Reference Fields.