Wix Stores: Creating a Facebook Shop
3 min read
- Starting April 2024, creating a Facebook shop for your Wix site will be possible only through the Facebook Shops by GoDataFeed app. Learn how to create a Facebook shop through Facebook Shops by GoDataFeed.
- Already have a Facebook shop? We recommend disconnecting your old Facebook shop and creating a new one using the Facebook Shops by GoDataFeed solution before the April deadline.
You already have customers visiting your Facebook business page. Why not make it easier for them to purchase your products by creating a Facebook shop?
Facebook has limited the ability to create new Facebook shops with checkout on your site. If you follow the steps below and in step 4, you see only Facebook ads, then Facebook and Instagram shops are not available in your country.
On your shop page, customers can browse through your products, click to view more details, and then complete checkout on your site. When you make a sale through your Facebook shop page, your Wix Stores inventory updates automatically.
Before you begin:
Make sure you have done the following before creating a Facebook shop:
- Created store products.
- Published your site.
- Created a Facebook business page.
To create a Facebook shop:
- Go to Facebook in your site's dashboard.
- Click Start Now.
- Click Connect to log in to your Facebook account.
- Select the checkboxes next to the shop items you want to set up:
- Facebook ads: Display ads to potential customers in Facebook and Instagram.
- Facebook Shop: Display products on your Facebook page and tagged posts.
- Shops: Display products in your Instagram profile and tagged posts.
- Click Get started.
- Select the relevant Facebook account or create a new one.
Note: You can also click Create new to create a new Facebook page.
- Click Next.
- Select the relevant Instagram account or select Skip connecting to Instagram.
Note: You can also click Add profile to create a new one.
- Click Next.
- Select the product catalog you want to display and click Next.
- (For Facebook Ads) Select or create an ad account and click Next.
- Select a Meta Pixel or create a new one, and click Next.
- Confirm the page associated with the account and click Next.
- Review your settings and select matching and information parameter settings:
- Automatic advanced matching: Send Meta hashed customer information along with your Meta Pixel events. Go to Facebook to learn more
- Show customer information parameters: Select an option:
- Show customer information parameters displays customer info, including email, gender, location, name, phone number, birth date, and external ID.
- Hide options hides all information. You can optionally enable toggles to show selected info.
- Click Next.
- Review permissions and click Next.
Once your store is connected to your Facebook shop, any changes you make (e.g. creating a new product, changing the price of an existing product) update automatically in your Facebook shop.
To access the Facebook Shop from your Wix dashboard, go to the Marketing Home and scroll down on the left.
You can add a "Shop Now" button to your Facebook page to direct visitors to your new store. Learn how to add a "Shop Now" button
Did this help?