Wix Restaurants: Using Pinpointing for Customer Addresses in Online Ordering
2 min read
- This article is about the original Restaurants Orders app.
- We're in the process of releasing a new restaurants orders app.
When a customer orders delivery, we must locate their exact address to make sure it is covered by one of your delivery areas. Pinpointing requires your customers to enter a specific address that Google Maps recognizes.
In this article, learn more about:
Using pinpointing for customer addresses
If you deliver mostly to areas with good map coverage, we advise you to leave pinpointing enabled. If you delivery to remote areas which are not fully covered by our map service providers, it is best to disable pinpointing to allow customers to enter an approximate addresses.
To enable or disable pinpointing:
- Go to Order Settings in your site's dashboard.
- Click the Delivery tab.
- Click the Pinpointing Addresses toggle.
- Enabled: Customers who enter an approximate address are prompted to enter an exact address.
- Disabled: Customers can enter an approximate address.
When does pinpointing fail?
What does my customer see if pinpointing fails?
Can customers leave instructions for delivery?
Did this help?