Wix Pro Gallery: Customizing Your Gallery's Advanced Settings
3 min read
The settings available in the Advanced Settings tab allow you to take your Pro Galley to the next level. Here you can focus on setting the quality of your videos and images, gallery direction and connecting Lightroom Classic to your gallery.
In this article, learn more about:
Customizing the advanced settings
Using the Pro Gallery's advanced settings, you can give your gallery that pro-touch.
To customize the advanced settings:
- Click the Wix Pro Gallery in the Editor.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Customize the advanced settings using the options available (see table below).
Advanced settings glossary
Read on to learn more about the options available in the Advanced Setting tab.
Control how your videos play.
- On Hover: Your videos play when your visitors hover over them in the gallery.
- Autoplay: Your videos play automatically in the gallery.
- On click: Your videos play when your visitors click them in the gallery.
Play with Sound
Your videos in your gallery are muted by default. Control if your videos play with sound.
- Enabled: Videos play with sound in the gallery view.
- Disabled: Videos are muted in the gallery view. Your videos always play with sound in expand mode.
Control the playback speed of the videos.
Select the playback speed from the options.
Control if your video plays continuously in a loop or not.
Note: This setting enables one single video to play on loop. Not the entire gallery to loop it's images.
- Enabled: Your videos play continuously.
- Disabled: Your site visitors need to click the play icon to play your videos.
Show play button
Choose to enable or disable the play icon in Pro Gallery Videos.
- Enabled: A play icon will appear on your videos.
- Disabled: Your videos will not have a play icon.
Choose to display your gallery items from left-to-right or right-to-left.
Click the relevant checkbox to display your gallery items from left-to-right or right-to-left.
Select the image quality of your gallery items.
Drag the slider to increase or decrease the quality of the images in your gallery.
Note: Using higher quality might cause your images to load slower.
Sharpen your gallery images.
- Enabled: The images are sharpened. Customize the amount, radius and threshold of the sharpening.
- Disabled: The images are not sharpened
Convert images to WebP
WebP is an image format that makes images on the web smaller by 25-35%. Improves site loading time.
- Enabled:(Recommended) Images are converted to a WebP format.
- Disabled: Images display in their original file format. This may affect site loading time.
Automatically resize images
Wix automatically resizes gallery images to optimize image loading time and preserve site visitor's viewing experience.
Click the drop-down to choose when images are resized.
- Always (recommended): Gallery images are automatically resized to improve your site's loading time.
- Gallery Only: Only images in the main view of the Pro Gallery are resized. Images in the Expand Mode display in their original resolution.
- Never: Images load in their original resolution. This may affect site loading time.
Using the Wix Pro Gallery plugin, you can upload photos from Lightroom Classic directly to your gallery.
Click Download Plug-in and follow these instructions.