Wix Portfolio: Adding and Setting Up Wix Portfolio
5 min read
Wix Portfolio allows you to display your work for current and prospective clients to see. Whether you are a photographer, UX designer, fine artist or an architect, Wix Portfolio offers you the space to showcase your work.
Add the Wix Portfolio app from the Wix App Market then start creating projects with as many photos and videos as you like. You can create collections to help visitors find the projects that are most relevant to them.
Step 1 | Add the Wix Portfolio app to your site
Go to the App Market in your Editor to find the Wix Portfolio app and add it to your site. Once installed, you can add projects and collections from the Editor or your site's dashboard.
To add the Wix Portfolio app:
- Click Add Apps on the left side of the Editor.
- Type "Wix Portfolio" in the search bar.
- Select Wix Portfolio from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add to Site.
Step 2 | Create projects
Create your first project by adding a title, description, basic info, media and more. You can create as many projects as you want. After this step, we'll show you how to create collections for your projects.
To create a project:
- Click the Portfolio Page element in your Editor.
- Select Manage Projects.
- Click + New Project at the top right.
- Enter a title for your project in the Project title section and click Next.
- Enter a description for your project in the Description section and click Next.
- Add Project type, Date or Location in the Basic info section and click Next.
- Add media to your project by uploading from your computer or importing from the Media Manager. Learn more about adding media to your projects.
- Click Done.
- Click Manage Project to edit more details about your project. See "Edit projects" for more information.
Step 3 | Create collections
Create collections if you want to group similar projects together in your portfolio. Your main portfolio page displays your collections if you have more than one visible collection. If you only have one visible collection, the main portfolio page displays all your projects.
To create a collection:
- Go to Portfolio in your site's dashboard.
- Click Manage Collections.
- Click + New Collection on the top right.
- Enter a name and description for your collection in the Collection Info section.
- Add projects to the collection:
- Click + Manage Projects.
- Select the projects you want to add.
- Click Continue.
- (Optional) Click the Hide this collection toggle to hide this collection from your portfolio until you're ready to display it.
- Click the Add icon under Cover image to add an image that represents the collection. Click the Focal Point icon to adjust where the image is centered.
- (Optional) Edit the Collection Slug to change the last part of the collection's URL.
- Click Save.
- Repeat these steps to add more collections to your portfolio.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Click a question below to learn more about adding and setting up your Wix Portfolio.
Is it possible to translate my portfolio into multiple languages with Wix Multilingual?
What is the difference between a project and a collection?
Why should I add alt text to my portfolio images?
What are some tips for writing good alt text?
Can I embed media from third-party tools such as Vimeo and YouTube in to my portfolio?
Do I have to re-publish my site for my portfolio changes to go live?