Wix Media: Organizing the Files in Your Media Manager
5 min read
Keep your files in your Media Manager organized by sorting them into different folders and sub-folders. Use Boards to create account-level folders to easily access your media files across all your sites. Make finding your files easier by narrowing your file search through filters, reordering your files, and adjusting the layout of your Media Manager.
In this article, learn more about:
Filtering files by file type
Filter your files by file types to find them more easily in the Media Manager. You can view your files in a list or gallery format and customize the order in which files are displayed.
To filter your files:
- Go to your Media Manager.
- Click Site Files on the left.
- Find the files you need in the following ways:
- Click the Media Types icon below the search bar. Then, select the checkbox next to the relevant file type(s)
- Click the Reorder List icon to adjust how your files are displayed (Last Modified or Name):
- Last Modified: Descending shows the files last worked on at the top of the list. Ascending shows your oldest modified files at the top of the list.
- Name: Display your files in alphabetical order or from Z-A.
- Click the Layout icon to switch between the Gallery and List view.
Creating a folder
Organize your Media Manager into folders so that you can easily find what you are looking for.
To create a folder in your Media Manager
- Go to your Media Manager.
- Click Create New Folder .
- Type the name of the new folder.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
- (Optional) Double-click the folder and click Create New Folder to create a sub-folder.
- Click Upload Media or drag files into the new folder to add media.
- Click the More Actions icon to add the folder to your Favorites, rename it, copy it and more.
Moving a file to a folder
Organize your site's media files by creating folders for specific categories.
To move a file to a folder in the Media Manager:
- In your Media Manager, hover over the relevant file and click the Show More icon.
- Click Move to....
- Select the folder where you want to add your media or click Create New Folder .
- Click Move Here.
Drag and drop a file into a folder or use the cut and paste command to move your files quickly.
Saving a file to your Boards
Use Boards to create account-level folders to easily access your media files across all your sites.
To save a file to your Boards:
- In your Media Manager, hover over the relevant file and click the Move to Boards icon .
- Select the Board where you want to add your media or click New Board.
- Click Add.
Click a question below to learn more about organizing your files in your Media Manager:
Can I sort my files by numerical order?
Can I sort my files in a non-case-sensitive manner?
Can I download all folders in my Site Files at once?