Wix Marketplace: Applying to Join the Marketplace
Grow your business and expand your client base by applying to join the Wix Marketplace. Apply to join the Wix Marketplace and showcase your work to get matched with potential clients. Once you're a member of the Wix Marketplace, we'll match you with quality leads from Wix users looking to hire your skills and expertise.
In this article, learn more about:
Requirements and recommendations for applying
To keep the Wix Marketplace filled with the most qualified professionals, Wix pre-screens every applicant. When applying to the Wix Marketplace, make sure to meet all the requirements and follow our recommendations below.
Your application to the Wix Marketplace may be rejected if you do not meet the following requirements or recommendations.
Requirements for applying to join the Wix Marketplace
You must meet the following requirements to be accepted to the Wix Marketplace:
- Partner Program level: You must reach the Icon level in the Wix Partner Program. Make sure you have at least 20 Premium sites published for at least 30 days before you apply. An agency can have only 1 profile in the Wix Marketplace.
- Business website: Make sure to submit your own business website that showcases your best work. The business website you submit cannot be a page from a larger portfolio site (e.g. Upwork, Behance, Fiverr, 99designs, Dribbble).
- Location: When applying, make sure the location you submit matches the location set in your business website's settings.
- Language: Currently, the Wix Marketplace is only accepting applications in English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish and Ukrainian.
- Portfolio projects: You must submit at least 5 Wix sites when you apply. Consider the following:
- Only submit sites that you created or collaborated on.
- Do not submit sites that include abusive content.
- Do not submit demo sites or coming soon sites.
- Do not submit sites that contain 404 pages.
Recommendations for applying to join the Wix Marketplace
When evaluating the portfolio sites you submit, we look closely at their design and user experience. Make sure to also provide documents to demonstrate your experience and provide valid contact details about your clients.
We recommend submitting portfolio sites that have the following characteristics:
- The content, messaging, and main CTAs (Call to Action links) are clear and above the fold.
- The site navigation is clear and intuitive in the main menu and throughout the site's pages.
- The images and graphic elements are appealing, relevant, and of good quality.
- The site elements are aligned in an aesthetically pleasing layout.
- The site is accessible, mobile friendly, and SEO optimized.
- User interface elements are consistent across the site pages. For example, buttons, icons and text should be designed with the same color and font theme.
- The site uses advanced functionality when custom solutions are needed (e.g. Velo by Wix, databases, apps).
When providing your experience, make sure to:
- Upload certificates and examples of documents you've sent to clients. This can include statements of work, invoices, proposals, and any other relevant documents.
- Provide valid contact details for your clients.
Check out the Wix Marketplace Profile Guide for tips on making your profile stand out.
Applying to Join the Wix Marketplace
When you're ready to apply to become a partner in the Wix Marketplace, follow the steps below to submit your application. Upon submitting your application, we'll review it and email you to let you know if you're accepted. This review process can take up to 2 weeks.
To apply to join the Wix Marketplace:
- Log in to your Wix account and click Partner Dashboard at the top.
- Click the Wix Marketplace tab on the left.
- Click Apply Now.
- In the General Info tab, add your information to show potential clients and click Next:
- Profile Image: Click the image icon and add your profile picture.
- Business Name: Add the name of your business.
- Tagline: Enter a short creative description to introduce your business.
- Your Location: Enter your business location. Make sure the location you submit matches the location set in your business website's settings.
- Business Website: Add the URL of your own business site that showcases your work. This cannot be a page from a large portfolio site such as Upwork, Behance, Fiverr, etc.
- About: Add descriptions of your work, past projects, certificates, specialities and more.
- (Optional) Add the URLs of your social media accounts for LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
- In the Preferences tab, choose countries you'd like to get leads from and click Next:
- Clients' Location: Select your preferences:
- I wish to work with clients from all over the world: Get matched with clients located around the world.
- I want clients from specific countries: Choose the region(s) of clients you'd like Wix to match you with.
Note: Clients from any country can still contact you directly in the Wix Marketplace.
- Supported Languages: Add up to 6 languages you support.
- Clients' Location: Select your preferences:
- In the Portfolio tab, click + Add Project and add at least 5 Wix Premium sites you've built:
- Select from the list of Premium sites you've built and click Next.
- Enter a description of the project.
- (Optional) Click on Update in Cover Image to add a different cover image to the project.
- Click Add Project.
- Click Next.
- Select the services you offer and your starting rates in the Services & Rates tab:
- Click the checkbox next to each service you offer.
- Enter your starting rate for each product in the Starts at field.
- In the Your Experience tab, provide additional information about your work with Wix clients:
- Click Add client and add 3 Wix clients you've worked with as references.
- (Optional) Click Choose File and add up to 3 certifications relevant to the services you provide.
- Click Choose File and add up to 3 examples of docs you've shared with clients (e.g. statements of work, questionnaires, proposals, etc.).
- Tell us how you keep up with Wix's latest features.
- (Optional) Tell us anything else you'd like us to know when reviewing your application to the Wix Marketplace.
- Click Apply.
Did this help?