Verifying Your Employer Identification Number (EIN)
An EIN is required only in the United States.
An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is issued for tax administration purposes. Employers in the United States are required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to have an Employer Identification Number.
Verifying Your EIN in Wix Payments
When completing your Wix Payments account setup as a Partnership / LLC / Corporation / NGO, Wix Payments asks for your company's 9 digit Employer Identification Number.
In addition, to verify your EIN, please make sure that you upload a copy of your EIN confirmation notice. Follow these guidelines to help your verification:
- The company name should be visible and clear and should match the business details in your Wix Payments account
- The Employer Identification Number should be visible and clear
- Documents must be sent in one of the following formats: jpeg, jpg, pdf, png
- The maximum file size is 10 MB
- The minimum file size is 1 kB for PDF, 100 kB for other formats
Example of IRS EIN confirmation notice:
If all details have been entered correctly, the verification process usually takes 1 working day to complete.
If all details have been entered correctly and, after the timeframe, your EIN has not been successfully verified, please contact us and we'll investigate the issue.
Did this help?