Site Members: About the Confirmation Email Sent to Your Members
2 min read
For security, we sometimes ask new site members to confirm their email address. This may happen for several reasons.
For example, when a visitor tries to create a member account with an email address that already exists in your contacts, we send them a confirmation email. In the email, we ask them to click a link to confirm their email address.
You can also choose to make your new site members confirm their email during the signup process or after their account is created.
- This message is a security requirement to protect your future site members, and you cannot disable it or customize it.
- We don't ask members who sign up using a Google or Facebook account to confirm their email.
Requiring new members to confirm their email address
You can also choose to require all new site members to confirm their email address before they can join. This can also help protect your site from attacks by bots and spammers.
The actions your new site members need to do depend on whether you ask them to confirm their email address during signup or after their member profile is created.
- During signup: This is the most secure way to prevent spammer attacks. After your new member signs up, they receive a 6-digit passcode in their sign-up email. Their member profile is not created until they enter this code on your Wix site. They also can't access your members area until they enter the code.
- After signup: When your new member signs up, their profile is created immediately and they receive a 6-digit code in their sign-up email. They can't use their profile or access your Members Area until they enter this code on your Wix site.
To require all new members to confirm their email:
- Go to Signup, Login, and Security in the Settings section of your site's dashboard.
- Enable the toggle next to Ask new members to confirm their email when signing up.
- Select whether you want your new members to confirm their email address after signup or during signup.
- Click Save.
Did this help?