Wix Video: Live Stream Settings, Resolution, Bitrates and Codecs
1 min read
To get the best streaming results, make sure you don't exceed the following settings on your encoder:
- Video Resolution: 720p (1280x720)
- Codec: x264
- Video bitrate: ~2500 kb\s
- Audio bitrate: AAC 44.1kHz ~128kbps
The output needs to be set to 'Simple'. If it set to 'Advanced' it can cause issues with the live stream.
To change your streaming settings:
- Open the OBS Studio Encoder on your computer.
- Click Settings on the bottom right.
- Select the Output tab to change the codec, audio and video bitrates.
- Select the Video tab to change the video resolution.
- If your internet bandwidth is less than 3000 kb/s, reduce the video and audio bitrates so that the sum fits your bandwidth.
- A general rule is to have double the bandwidth for your target bitrate. This is to help ensure you maintain your bandwidth during internet fluctuations.