Creating a CSV File to Import Contacts
1 min read
If you have many contacts to import to your Wix account, create a CSV file with their details and upload them all in one go.
During the import process, you match the columns of your CSV file to the relevant fields of your contact list. We recommend you download a sample CSV file to see how yours should look.
Keep the following in mind when creating your import file:
- Include a header row in your file and match each column header with a field. You can include values for any of the default fields in your contact list or custom properties.
- Make sure each row in your file contains a phone number or email address.
- Make sure your import file contains fewer than 10,000 contacts.
- Make sure your file is a CSV file in UTF-8 encoding.
- Make sure any date fields are in the following format: YYYY-MM-DD
For files with non-Latin characters:
When importing a contact file containing Non-Latin characters, the file must be saved as a "comma-separated" file. Learn More
Did this help?