Complying with Privacy Regulation Requirements to Retrieve or Delete Site Visitor Data in Velo by Wix
In accordance with both the CCPA and the GDPR, your site visitors may request a copy of their data that your site has collected. They may also request that you permanently delete their data.
It's important to remember that data you collect on your site may exist in either, or both, your optional sandbox and live Collections. The following instructions apply to both collections and assumes your collection includes a field that uniquely identifies data you collect from a site visitor.
You can learn more about the optional Sandbox here.
Sending Your Visitor a Copy of their Sandbox or Live Collections
- In the Content Manager, use the filter menu option to filter the data in your collection, based on the unique identifier for your visitor.
- Click Import/Export and select Export Filtered Data.
- The filtered data from your collection is exported to a CSV file with the same name as your collection and saved to your browser's default location. Send the visitor the exported file.
Learn more about exporting data.
Deleting Visitor Data from Your Sandbox or Live Collections
- In the Content Manager use the filter menu option to filter the data in your collection, based on the unique identifier for your visitor.
- To select multiple items, hold down the Ctrl key and click each row, or click and drag to select multiple rows.
- Right-click on one of the selected row's numbers and select Delete from the menu.
Learn more about working with sandbox collections and live collections.
Did this help?