CMS: Adding and Setting Up a Checkbox
4 min read
There are 2 main uses for checkboxes:
- A multi checkbox, which allows you to provide a list of options to your visitors and lets them select one or more option (as opposed to radio buttons which only allow visitors to select a single option).
Add a checkbox or multi checkbox to your site to collect input from your site visitors. Connect the checkbox to a collection to store your visitors' selections.
To add and set up a checkbox element:
- Go to the Add panel:
- Wix Editor: Click Add Elements on the left side of the Editor.
- Editor X: Click Add Elements at the top of Editor X.
- Click Input.
- Click and drag the checkbox of your choice.
- Click the checkbox in the Editor.
- Click Settings to edit the checkbox element settings:
Show me how
6. (For multi checkboxes only) Click Manage Choices to set up the checkboxes:
Show me how
7. Click the Connect to Data (orin Editor X).
8. Click Connect a dataset to choose a dataset from the drop-down list.
9. Click Checked state connects to to:
- Choose an existing field in your collection.
- Click Add a new collection field to create a new field in your collection.
- Enter a field name.
Make sure you have a submit button on your page so visitors can submit their selection.
Did this help?