Accepting Contactless Payments
3 min read
Tap to Pay on iPhone lets you accept payment on your phone without connecting any external hardware. Customers can either tap a credit/debit card directly on your phone or use their own phones to pay you.
Tap to Pay is currently available for iPhones with:
- The 15.5 operating system or higher
- The iPhone XR model or later
Step 1 | Create a Wix Payments account
Step 2 | Enable Tap to Pay on iPhone in the dashboard
Once you have Wix Payments set up, you can enable Tap to Pay in your site's dashboard.
To enable Tap to Pay:
- Go to Accept Payment in your site's dashboard.
- Click the Tap to Pay on iPhone to enable it.
Step 3 | Activate Tap to Pay on your phone
Now you're ready to activate Tap to Pay on iPhone on your mobile device. You may be prompted to connect your Apple ID. When you do, your business name and type is shared with your Apple ID.
To activate Tap to Pay:
- Go to your site in the Wix Owner app.
- Tap Manage at the bottom.
- Tap Point of Sale under Get Paid.
- Tap the Connect iconat the top right.
- Tap Tap to Pay on iPhone.
- Tap Activate.
Click a question below to learn more about Tap to Pay.
What fees are associated with the Tap to Pay option?
After setup, how can I accept payment?
I have a card reader. Can I use both the reader and Tap to Pay?
Is Tap to Pay available on iPad?