About VAT in Moldova
2 min read
From July 14, 2021, Wix.com has started charging Value Added Tax (VAT) on our services to customers in Moldova, in accordance with the Moldovan Tax Code.
If you are a VAT registered business in Moldova with a VAT number from the Serviciul Fiscal de Stat, you may be eligible for a tax exemption.
You can add your VAT number to your Wix account by updating your payment details.
In this article, learn more about:
Updating your payment details
Update your payment details in your Wix account by adding your VAT number to get your tax exemption.
To update your payment details:
- Go to your Premium Subscriptions page.
- Click the Show More icon next to the relevant subscription.
- Click Update Payment Method.
- Select the subscriptions you wish to update and click Next.
- Click Edit Details.
- Re-enter your card details and add your VAT Number to the VAT ID field.
- Click Update.
FAQs about VAT in Moldova
What is the tax identification number?
The VAT number is a unique identifier assigned to registered businesses in Moldova from the Serviciul Fiscal de Stat.
What happens if I do not have a tax identification number?
Wix will charge and collect VAT.
How does Wix determine which customers are subject to Moldova tax?
The tax charge is based on the billing account address.