About Sales and Service Tax (SST) in Malaysia
2 min read
From July 14, 2021, Wix.com started charging Sales and Service Tax (SST) on our services to customers in Malaysia, in accordance with the Service Tax Act of 2018.
This means that the price of your subscription(s) has increased to include Sales and Service Tax.
If you’re an SST-registered business in Malaysia, update your payment details to ensure that your SST registration number appears on the invoice of your next payment.
In this article, learn more about:
Updating your payment details
Update your payment details in your Wix account by adding your SST number to get your tax exemption.
To update your payment details:
- Go to your Premium Subscriptions page.
- Click the Show More icon next to the relevant subscription.
- Click Update Payment Method.
- Select the subscriptions you wish to update and click Next.
- Click Edit Details.
- Re-enter your card details and add your SST registration number to the SST registration number field.
- Click Update.
FAQs about tax in Malaysia
What is the tax identification number?
The SST number is a unique identifier assigned to registered businesses in Malaysia.
What happens if I do not have a tax identification number?
Wix will charge and collect SST.
How does Wix determine which customers are subject to Malaysian tax?
The tax charge is based on the billing account address.
Did this help?