Wix Restaurants: Tracking Your Inventory with Square POS
1 min read
This is currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, UK and Ireland.
Square Point of Sale allows you to manage your online orders, payments, and inventory for your Wix Restaurant site.
Turn on inventory tracking so you can monitor your restaurant's stock levels and receive notifications when items are running low or out of stock. By tracking and managing your inventory, you can prevent overselling and ensure that your customers only purchase menu items that are currently available.
To track your inventory with Square POS:
- Log in to your Square POS account.
- Click View Dashboard by your restaurant location.
- Click the Items tab on the left.
- Click on a stock item.
- Click Manage Stock.
- Enable the Tracking toggle to track inventory for the stock item.
- Stock action: Select the action for the stock inventory.
- Add stock: Enter the amount to add or subtract from the stock inventory.
- (Optional) Enable the Low stock alerts toggle to receive notifications when your stock reaches a certain amount.
- Click Done.
- Click Save.
- When the stock quantity of an item reaches zero, or you manually enter zero and save changes, the item will be marked as 'Sold Out' on your Wix Restaurant site.
- When you save changes to a stock item in Square, it can take several minutes for those changes to sync with your Wix Restaurant site.
Did this help?