Wix Blog: Enabling AMP for Your Wix Blog Posts
2 min read
AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) and Structured data markup are two methods Google uses to help display the best search results. For example, Google uses AMP (among other things) to help decide which pages are added to some mobile carousels.
AMP makes it possible to display faster-loading blog posts on mobile devices - and site visitors prefer sites that load quickly! Visitors can identity that your post is an AMP post by the icon that appears in search results and elsewhere. Learn More about AMP.
To enable AMP to your blog you must have a logo added in Business Info.
To enable AMP for your blog:
- Go to your SEO Dashboard.
- Select Go to SEO Settings under Tools and settings.
- Click Blog Posts.
- Click Edit next to Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
- Click the toggle next to Enable AMP on your blog posts.
- Error messages: If AMP is enabled and Google finds an error, you receive an email with an error or warning message. Note that this does not mean that your Google ranking will be lowered. It only means that AMP was not successfully enabled for your blog posts. Try correcting the errors listed in the message.
- Analytics: After enabling AMP, you may see a drop in mobile views in your Google Analytics account. This does not mean that you are receiving less mobile traffic, simply that Google Analytics is unable to track traffic to AMP pages.
Did this help?