Wix Blog: Adding an RSS Button to Your Site
3 min read
Really Simple Syndication (RSS) readers are applications that let you collect and display blog posts from multiple sources in one dashboard. You can automatically get new posts from a source by adding its RSS feed URL to your reader.
Your visitors can add your site to their RSS reader by adding the URL of your homepage.
You can also let your visitors directly access your blog feed with an RSS button on your site. They can click the button to get your blog feed's URL and add it to their RSS reader.
In this article, learn more about:
Adding an RSS button
You can add an RSS button to your site in the Add panel of your Editor.
You can place the RSS button anywhere on your site except for directly on the blog feed. Placing the RSS button there there may stop it from working correctly.
To add an RSS button:
- Go to the page in your Editor that you want the RSS feed to appear on.
- Go to the Add panel:
- Wix Editor: Click Add on the left side of the Editor.
- Editor X: Click Add Elements at the top of Editor X.
- Select Blog.
- Select RSS Button.
- Choose an RSS button and drag to position it on the page.
Customizing the design of your RSS button
You can customize the design of your RSS button so that it matches your site. Select the icon that you want to use and choose colors for the icon and the button's background.
To customize the look of the RSS button:
- Click the RSS button in your Editor.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Design tab.
- Customize your RSS Button using the options available:
- Choose a background: Select the icon that you want to use for the RSS button.
- Background color: Select the background color of the RSS button. This option is only available for the Square and Circle backgrounds.
- Icon color: Select the color of the RSS icon.
- Currently, your blog's RSS feed can only display up to 20 of the most recent blog posts. If you'd like to be able to add more posts to the feed, vote for this feature.
- It's not possible to get an RSS feed for your blog categories.
Did this help?