Wix Account Country Limitations
1 min read
Wix provides a cloud-based web development platform to millions of users in 190 countries.
The United States Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) at the Department of the Treasury administers various economic and trade sanctions. These sanctions prohibit Wix from sending money to, or doing business with, certain designated persons and targeted countries.
The countries and regions restricted by OFAC are:
- North Korea
- The region of Crimea
- The so-called Donetsk People's Republic
- The so-called Luhansk People's Republic
The following restrictions apply:
- Users from OFAC restricted and sanctioned countries cannot register or use any of Wix's services including Wix sites.
- You cannot connect to Wix via pointing or name servers domains with the following extensions:
- Cuba (.cu)
- Iran (.ir)
- Iran .xn--mgba3a4f16a (.ایران)
- North Korea (.kp)
- Syria (.sy)
- Syria .xn--ogbpf8fl (.سورية)
Click here for complete information about the various sanctions administered by the US Department of the Treasury.