Verifying Your Site On Search Engines
3 min read
Wix Premium Plan users:
You can use the Wix Site Verification Tool to verify your site on Google, Pinterest, Bing, Yandex, and Naver.
Verifying your site on search engines confirms your ownership, and helps your site's presence in search engine search results. To verify ownership, add meta tags using custom code on your site.
Learn how to add custom code as a:
Wix Premium Plan Subscriber
- Go to Settings in your site's dashboard.
- Click the Custom Code tab under Advanced Settings.
- Click + Add Custom Code at the top right.
- Paste the code snippet in the text box.
- Enter a name for your code.
Tip: Give it a name that is easy to recognize so you can quickly identify it later.
- Select an option under Add Code to Pages:
- All pages: This adds the code to all of your site's pages, including any new pages that you'll create in the future. Choose whether to load the code only once per visit or on each page your visitor opens.
- Choose specific pages: Use the drop-down menu to select the relevant pages.
- Choose where to place your code:
- Body - start
- Body - end
- Click Apply.
Free Wix Site User
- Go to your page's SEO Settings:
Wix Editor | Show me how >
Editor X | Show me how >
2. Click the Advanced SEO tab.
3. Click + Add New Tag under Meta Tags.
For the meta tag to validate:
- The code must be in a valid HTML format.
- The format should be <meta name=”XX” content=”XX”/>
- Missing or extra attributes such as ‘<’, a ‘ “ ‘, will create an issue.
- The tag must belong to the right webmaster.
- The tag will work when the site is published.