Pricing Plans: Collecting Additional Information at Checkout
2 min read
Ask clients for additional information (e.g. their t-shirt size) while they're purchasing a pricing plan. You can choose the relevant form fields from a wide selection: drop-downs, multiple choice questions, and more.
Step 1 | Create your custom form
To get started, create a custom form with the information you want to collect. Give your form a title you can recognize, and drag and drop the relevant fields. You can click each field to customize its title, make it mandatory, add a character limit and much more.
To create your custom form:
- Go to Pricing Plans settings in your site's dashboard.
- Click the Checkout tab at the top.
- Scroll down to Collect additional info at checkout section.
- Click + Create Form.
- Edit the default My Form title at the top left and click the Save icon .
- Drag a form field to the Add form fields box.
- (Optional) Customize the field:
- Click the field you just added.
- Click Settings.
- Customize the field using the available options on the left.
Note: The specific customization options vary depending on the field you added.
- Click Add on the left to add more fields.
- When your form is ready, click Save at the top right.
Step 2 | Connect the form to one or more plans
After creating your form, connect it to one or more of your pricing plans. The form will appear in the checkout process, so clients fill in the information as they are purchasing the pricing plan.
To connect the form with a pricing plan:
- Go to Pricing Plans in your site's dashboard.
- Create a plan or edit an existing one.
- Scroll down to Settings and select Collect additional info at checkout.
- Select the form you created.
- Click Save.
To view the details clients enter in the form, go to Subscriptions in the dashboard. Hover over the relevant plan and click View. The details appear under Additional Info.
Did this help?