Important Information about Transferring Your Domain to Wix
2 min read
Transferring your domain to Wix from another registrar ensures the following:
- Wix becomes the domain host: Your domain renewal is done from your Wix account and not from your previous domain host.
- You can manage your DNS records from your Wix account: This includes connecting your email, pointing your domain to a different IP address, connecting subdomains, etc.
Review the following information before transferring your domain to Wix:
- You must upgrade your site to a Premium plan in order to connect your domain.
- You must request an authorization code from your current domain registrar.
- Check that at least 60 days have passed since your domain was registered, as the domain will be locked otherwise.
Note: Changes to the registrant information also locks your domain for 60 days.
- Verify that your domain is unlocked.
- (If your domain has private registration) Change your domain privacy settings to public at your domain host.
- Currently, you can only transfer domains with the following extensions: .com, .org, .net, .biz, .info, .co, .guru, .email, .expert, .photography, .pictures, .space, .rocks .tokyo, .xyz., .company, .club, .solutions, .today, .technology, .tips, .center, .directory, .ninja, .photos, .land, .agency, .gift, .holiday, .christmas, .top, .design, .london, .online, .org, .party, .site, .store, .shop, .wiki, .mx, and .website.
- It is not possible to transfer a Network Solutions domain to Wix. You can connect a Network Solutions domain to your Wix site via name servers (recommended) or pointing (not recommended).
- Domains transferred to Wix retain the time of their registration period; any remaining time is added to the one-year mandatory extension.
- To keep your domain with your current host, you can connect it to your Wix site, rather than transfer it to Wix.
Did this help?