Google Workspace: Username and Password Guidelines
1 min read
When purchasing a Google Workspace business email, you are required to choose a user name and password (or multiple if you have multiple users). User names and passwords must match the conventions set by Google. To make sure that your user name and password are accepted, follow the guidelines below.
- User names can be between 1 and 64 characters in length.
- User names may contain any of the following; letters (a - z), numbers (0 - 9), dashes (-), underscores (_), apostrophes ('), and periods (.).
- User names may not contain any of the following; ampersands (&), equal signs (=), brackets (< >), plus signs (+), commas (,), or more than one period (.) in a row.
- User names may not begin or end with a period (.), nor can a period (.) be the only character.
- Passwords must be made up of English ASCII characters only.
- Passwords must be between 8 and 100 characters in length.
Did this help?