Editor X: Adding Wix Forum
3 min read
A forum is a great way to keep your site visitors engaged and active on your site. It allows your site visitors to connect and share information, have discussions around your brand or shared interests, answer questions, post job vacancies and more.
With Wix Forum, you can create a stunning forum in minutes. All of the features have been designed to be fully responsive, so that they look great on every screen size.
Learn more about:
Adding Wix Forum
- Click the App Market icon on the top of Editor X.
- Type "Wix Forum" in the search field and press Enter.
- Click +Add next to the Wix Forum app.
About Wix Forum Pages
When you add Wix Forum, 2 public pages are added to your site:
- Forum page: Your main forum page, where forum posts appear.
- Members page: On this page, forum members can view other members of the community, follow each other, see what other members have written - even chat with one another.
Each member that signs up also has access to their own private members area which includes a My Account page, Settings page, Forum Comments page and more.
Setting Up and Customizing Your Forum
Once you have added Wix Forum, click Settings on the Forum page to start setting up your categories, choose your layout and customize your forum design.
Additional Information About Wix Forum
- There are 3 levels to forum visitors:
- Owner: As an owner you can manage categories, move and delete posts, disable comments and pin a post to the top of a category.
- Member: As a member you can comment, post, and report inappropriate content.
- Guest: As a guest you can read, like, and share posts from a forum.
- To manage the forum as an owner and start writing posts or comments, log in to your live site using the email associated with your Wix account. Posts can only be written on the live site.
- When you add Wix Forum to your site, it comes with one default category (General Discussion). The main forum page appears only if you create at least two categories.
- Learn more about Wix Forum.