Creating and Uploading 360° Images
2 min read
This app has been retired from the Wix App Market. If you already have the app, we will continue to support it.
360° images, also known as VR (Virtual Reality) or Panoramic Images, allow you to display a 360° view of the place or object you are photographing. These images can be taken with a smartphone or a regular camera.
Creating a 360 Image
Uploading a 360 Image
- VR view images can be stored as .png, .jpeg, or .gif files. We recommend using .jpeg since it allows for better compression.
- For optimal compatibility and performance, image dimensions should be in powers of two (e.g., 2048 or 4096).
- The aspect ratio for mono images (also known as 'standard') should be 2:1 (e.g. 4096 x 2048).
- The aspect ration for stereo images (also known as 'Stereoscopic' i) should be 1:1 (e.g. 4096 x 4096).
- For best viewing experience on a Chrome browser, update to the latest version.
Supported Browsers and Operating Systems
The specific browsers and dimensions shown were tested (in pixels) to be the most compatible with the 360 VR plugin. There are several browsers and Operating Systems supported by the 360 Images app, which include:
Supported desktop browsers
Supported mobile browsers
Did this help?