Connecting a Domain with Special or Foreign Characters to Your Wix Site
Once you've upgraded to a Premium plan, you can connect a domain with special characters you already own to your Wix site.
To be able to connect domains with special or foreign characters, you must "translate" those characters first. For example, the domain www.exâmple.com, will be translated to www.xn--exmple-xta.com. You can do this by using the encoder in the steps below.
Some browsers will not support the correct translation for the special character "ß" to "xn--". In this case please use the DENIC encoder to translate the .de domain correctly while using the special character "ß".
Keep the following in mind when you’re preparing to connect your domain:
- You will need access to your current domain registrar
- New DNS records may take up to 48hrs to fully propagate
To connect a translated domain:
- Purchase the domain from another domain host (for example www.ex¥mple.com).
- Use this encoder to translate your domain and change it to an xn-- variant.
- Connect the xn-- variant to Wix's name servers.
Currently, it is not possible to purchase a domain with special characters from Wix or transfer one to Wix. If this is a feature you would like to see in the future, please Vote for this feature and we'll make sure to keep you updated.
Did this help?