CMS Request: Removing the "Plus" Icon From an Upload Button
Currently, there is no way to make an upload button completely transparent. A transparent upload button would give users a way to turn elements, such as images, into clickable items for uploading files. The option to remove the "plus" icon from the existing upload button would make this possible.
As a workaround, you can customize your upload button so that its color matches your page's background.
To customize your upload button's color:
- Click the upload button in your site's Editor.
- Click the Design icon .
- Click Customize Design.
- Click the Fill Color & Opacity icon and drag Background slider to 0%.
- Click the Shadow icon and disable the shadow toggle.
- Click the Text icon and set the color to match the element underneath.
- Click Settings and select the Show custom text button.
- Type a space in the Custom text field.
- Publish your site.
We are always working to update and improve our products, and your feedback is greatly appreciated.
If this is a feature you would like to see in the future, please click Vote for this feature and we'll make sure to keep you updated.
Note: All information, including planned features and time estimations, are purely informative and are subject to change or cancellation at any time at Wix’s discretion. They do not represent a promise, commitment or guarantee of future availability or implementation, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.