Changing the Subscription Status of a Contact
1 min read
A contact's subscription status determines what types of email content you can send them. Contacts in your Wix account have 1 of 3 subscription statuses:
- Never subscribed: These are contacts who interacted with your site, but did not opt in to your mailing list. They may receive occasional emails, such as notifications from your site, but you should not send them any marketing emails.
- Subscribed: These are contacts who have opted in to your mailing list. You can send them updates, blog posts, and marketing emails.
- Unsubscribed: These are contacts who actively unsubscribed from your mailing list. They do not receive notification emails from your site, and you should not send them any marketing emails.
We recommend that you review email marketing laws and best practices.
To change the subscription status of a contact:
- Go to Contacts in your site's dashboard.
- Select the relevant contact.
- Click Edit Contact next to Contact info.
- Click the expand arrow under the Email field.
- Select a new subscription status.
- Click Save.