Wix Partners: About Joining a Team
2 min read
You can join a team account once the account owner sends you an invite. When joining a team, you create your own credentials for logging into the team account. You must sign up for a new Wix account using an email address that is not already used to log in to a Wix account.
Ready to join your team?
Learn how to accept an invite to join a team.
How can I check if an email address is used to log in to a Wix account?
When accepting the invite to join a team, you'll sign up for a new Wix account. You'll be asked to use a different email in the following scenarios:
- If the email address is already used to log in to a Wix account.
- If you're already logged in to a Wix account.
What if I need to use this email for the team account?
When signing up for a team account, you must use an email address that is not used to log in to a Wix account. You can either change your Wix account's login email to use it for your team account or create a virtual mailbox. If you're signed in to an existing account, you'll see the following options when you accept an invite:
- Sign up and join using another email: This option is relevant if you want to sign up with an email address that is not used to log in to a Wix account.
- Replace the email associated with your existing account: You can change the login email of your Wix account to use the email to sign up for your team account.
- Create another account associated with your existing email: You can sign up to your team account with a virtual email address used for login purposes only. With this option, you sign up for a team account with "+team" added after the first part of your email address. You'll still receive emails sent to the account in your mailbox that doesn't have "+team" in it.
Did this help?