Wix Partners: Creating Custom Roles for Your Team Management Account
2 min read
Create custom roles to define exactly which actions your teammates can perform. Unlike default roles, custom roles allow you to fine-tune the list of actions teammates can perform for each role.
- You must become a Wix Partner to invite others to join your Team Management account.
- Only account owners and account admin (co-owners) can create custom roles for your teammates.
- The roles you assign to your teammates apply to all sites in your Wix account.
To create a custom role in Team Management:
- Log in to your Wix account and click Partner Dashboard at the top.
- Click the Settings tab on the left.
- Click More Actions at the top right and select Manage Roles.
- Click + Create New Role.
- Fill in the details of your custom role:
- Enter a title under Role Title.
- (Optional) Add a description that outlines the new role.
- Click the relevant categories under Permissions and select the actions people with this role can perform.
Tip: Click here to learn how to view the actions people can take with each of your default roles.
- You can select specific permissions within the categories, or click Select All.
- Some actions that you select automatically enable other permissions. For example, if you create a role that allows people to publish sites, they can also edit sites.
- Use the Filter... search bar to find actions to assign to your custom role.
- To allow teammates to create and/or publish Editor X sites, select the Editor permission and enable Publish Site and/or Create Sites.
- When ready, click Save.
- (Optional) Assign teammates to your new custom role.
Show me how
You can also create custom roles while inviting teammates.