Wix Blocks: Translating Your App
2 min read
When you translate a Blocks app, it is important to understand that Wix sites has two types of translations:
- The live site language
- The account (Editor) language.
For example, a developer might want to have German as their account (Editor) language, but the site she is developing is intended for French speakers, so the site language will be French.
When you install an app that has Multilingual on a site without editor-side Multilingual, the app's content is translated to the language of the site. If the site has Multilingual installed, the content is translated to the language on the language picker of the site. Content is only translatable into the languages set by the site owner to be available for their users.
The panel text is always translated into the default language of the account.
Set up your app for translation
Select Multilingual in the App section of the top menu.
This adds the language picker to your Blocks stage.
Translate your app elements
- Select one or more languages to translate your widget into.
- Click Add Languages and wait until the installation is successful.
- Click on the element you want to translate. A translation bar opens. Click Done only after completing the next step.
- Click Edit Translation or Translate with Google to customize the translation for that element. This content will be translated to match the language chosen by the user on the site where the Blocks app is installed
Translate a custom panel
To translate custom panel texts, go to the Panels tab and follow the same procedure as translating your site elements.
Preview Your Translation
To preview your translation in Preview mode in Blocks:
- Make sure you are in the Design tab.
- Click Preview.
- Select the widget language:
Did this help?