CMS: Syncing Content Between Sandbox and Live Collections
2 min read
Your optional Sandbox collections are different from your Live collections. Each type of collection can have different content.
Sandbox collections are test collections used with your Editor to build and test your site. Sandbox collections can be synced to Live collections to copy over all the content, but only if you have the Sandbox enabled.
Live collections display content for your visitors to interact with. Before syncing, we recommend learning more about the differences between sandbox and live collections.
You can learn more about the Sandbox.
Syncing content between collections cannot be undone.
To sync your optional Sandbox and Live Collections:
- Go to CMS in your Editor:
- Wix Editor: Click CMS on the left of the Editor.
- Editor X: Click CMS at the top of Editor X.
- Click Collections.
- Click the relevant collection.
- Click Sync Sandbox to Live at the top.
- Select the number of items to sync.
- Click Sync.
- Click Continue Syncing.
Note: Live content will be overwritten.
When syncing your Sandbox collection to your Live collection:
- New items from the Sandbox collection are added to the Live collection.
- Items are added or updated in the Live collection based on the item's ID field.
- Updated items in the Sandbox collection overwrite the same items in the Live collection.
- Removing an item from Sandbox, then syncing your collections, does not remove the item from your Live content.