Wix Events: Connecting Your Event to a Group
With Wix Groups, you can create a place for members to post updates, share images and videos, have discussions, and more.
You can create a new group for your event. Alternatively, if you already use Wix Groups, you can connect your event to an existing group.
For example, if you create an end-of-year party for your dance class, you can connect the party event to a group that class members already use, or create a new dance class group.
It is also possible to simply display your event in an existing group without linking it.
Step 1 | Create an event draft
In the next step, you'll be able to add more details to your event and link the event to a group.
Step 2 | Add event details & connect a group
Now you can add event details such as an event photo, categories, a description and more. In the last step before you save, you can connect (or create and connect) a group.
To add event details & connect a group:
- Add any event details to your event. Learn more
- Scroll down to the bottom and connect a group:
- Click Connect next to Group.
- Select an existing group or click Create Group.
- (Optional) Edit the default group name.
- Set a privacy level:
- Public: Anyone who goes to your site can view the group discussions and images. Event guests are automatically asked to join the group.
- Private: Only certain members can join and view this group. Event guests are automatically invited to join the group. If selected, choose who can join:
- Only members approved by admin: You must approve each request
- Only event participants: Any event participant can join the group
- Click Create.
- Click Done.
- Click Save to save the event or the Arrow icon to select Save & Publish.
When you create your first group, 2 Wix Groups pages are added to your site. You can customize these pages (see Step 4 below).
Step 3 | (Optional) Customize your group
Now that you have a group that is connected to an event, you can customize the group itself in the Wix Groups tab of your site's dashboard.
To customize a group:
- Click Manage Group.
- Customize any of the group settings. Learn how
Step 4 | Customize your pages
When you use Wix Groups, two pages are added to your site. The first is the The Groups List page, which is automatically added to your site's menu.
Once a member has joined a group and has access, they can click View to go to the Group Page.
To edit the Wix Groups pages:
- Access the Wix Groups pages in your Editor.
Wix Editor | Show me how
Editor X | Show me how
2. Click the page you selected.
3. Click Settings.
4. Customize the page using the available options.
Did this help?