Wix Blocks: Configuring Action Bars
4 min read
Wix Blocks is currently open to a limited number of users.
The configuration tab in Blocks enables you to determine the way your widget and its elements look and behave in the editor when they're installed on a site.
About Action Bars
When a site creator installs your widget on a site and opens the editor, the widget and its elements have floating action bars, just like any other Wix site element. For example, this is the action bar of the widget's button, which allows the site creator to perform various actions on the button:
Blocks enables you to modify these action bars. You can add, remove or reorder buttons. You can determine which panel opens when a button is clicked, and more. The modification options vary, depending on whether you select a widget, or one of its elements, and which element you select.
By modifying the action bars you can give site creators more options for customizing your app when they import it to their site. You can also decide that you want to limit what they can change in your widget.
Read our UX guidelines for clear and effective action bars
Modify Action Bars
To modify action bars:
- Click the Configuration tab, to enter configuration mode.
- Select the correct element in your widget, or select the entire widget from the Widgets panel.
Now, you can modify action bars in two ways:
- From the Edit Action Bar that appears:
- Or from the Action Bar section in the Inspector panel on the right (if you can't see the panel, click on the Inspector icon to expand it).
Removing and Adding Action Buttons
- Hover over the action bar buttons to see which of them can be removed, and click Remove to remove that button.
- Add any buttons you removed by choosing + Add in the Edit Action Bar panel, or Add Action Button in the Action Bar section in the Inspector panel on the right (if you can't see the panel, click on the Inspector icon to expand it).
Changing Action Button Settings
- Hover over the action bar buttons to see which of them have settings that can be changed.
- Click the Action Button Settings button.
- When you add an action button you need to make sure that you assign a panel or a dashboard page. If you don't you will see a warning in the Inspector .
- The changes you make when you are in the Configuration tab impact all design presets.
- Make sure to read our UX guidelines for clear and effective action buttons