Verifying Your Site with Web of Trust
Web of Trust is an online reputation and Internet safety service, providing crowdsourced reviews and other data about whether websites respect user privacy, are secure, and other indicators of trust. The platform allows users to rank sites as safe or unsafe.
By verifying your site, you can decrease the chances your site being marked as unsafe or malicious by Web of Trust.
To verify your site with Web of Trust:
- Go to https://www.mywot.com/ and sign up.
- Enter the following into your address bar: https://www.mywot.com/en/claim-site?target=your-site-URL.
For example: https://www.mywot.com/en/claim-site?target=https://mystunningwebsite.wixsite.com/mystunningwebsite.
- Enter your site URL and click Claim Site.
- Copy the meta tag code from the text box under Paste Meta Tag.
- Keep Web of Trust open in your browser and create a new tab.
- In the new tab, paste the verification code:
- Go to Tracking & Analytics in your site's dashboard.
- Click + New Tool at the top right.
- Click Verification Code in the drop-down menu.
- Paste the meta tag code in the text box and click Apply.
- Go back to Web of Trust and click Verify to complete the process.
After verifying your site, other users of Web of Trust must rank your site and mark it as safe in order for your site to be marked as safe by Web of Trust.
Did this help?