Single Video Player: Adding a Video from YouTube
Add a single YouTube video to your site using the Single Video Player. This sleek and easy-to-use player allows you to customize the playback options, and add a video description.
Want to display more than one video?
To display several YouTube videos in a playlist or channel with many more advanced video features and design options, use Wix Video. Learn More
To add a video from YouTube:
- Click Add on the left side of your Editor.
- Click Video and Music.
- Click Single Video Players.
- Click the YouTube video, or drag it to the relevant location.
- Click Change Video.
- Paste the video URL in the field What's the video's web address?
- Click the Autoplays toggle to set whether or not your video will play automatically:
- Enabled: The video autoplays on mute. Visitors can turn the sound on manually.
- Disabled: The video does not play automatically.
- Click the Play on loop toggle to set whether or not your video plays on loop.
- Enabled: The video plays on loop.
- Disabled: The video plays just once.
- Enter a description for the video under What's this video about?.
- Publish your site.
- The smallest size player you can add to your site is 320 pixels by 180 pixels. This is because it is not possible to display audio controls on players smaller than this due to a YouTube restriction.
- When adding your own video from YouTube, make sure that in your video settings in YouTube:
- The video is set to Public.
- The Allow Embedding box is checked.
- Views for embedded videos to your site may not register on that video's native platform.
Did this help?