Connecting Your Site to Google in the Wix SEO Wiz
3 min read
If you previously manually verified your site with Google, your site is already connected. You don't need to connect your site in your SEO Wiz checklist. If the step is marked as not completed in your checklist, you can ignore it.
The Wix SEO Wiz is a step-by-step checklist designed to help you get found online. The SEO Wiz gives you advice about the information your site needs to connect and verify your site with Google.
You can create a tailored checklist based on your business, your location, and your keywords. Follow the steps in your checklist to improve the search engine optimization (SEO) of your site and get your site indexed on Google. After you've connected, the SEO Wiz helps get your site indexed quickly so that your site appears in search results.
In this article, learn more about:
Connecting your site to Google
You can connect your site to Google in Marketing & SEO in your site's dashboard.
To connect your site:
- Go to Get Found on Google in Marketing & SEO in your site's dashboard .
- Complete the checklist in Step 1 of your SEO Checklist.
- Click Connect to Google.
Important information about verifying with SEO Wiz
- Only site owners and admin contributors can access SEO Wiz. It is not available to back-office managers. Learn more about site contributor roles and permissions
- Verifying your site with Google Search Console with Wix SEO Wiz is only available for premium sites with a connected domain. If your site has a free Wix URL, you can manually verify your site with Google.
- If your site is missing any information necessary to submit your site to Google, it will be listed in the pop-up. Follow the instructions in the popup to learn how to add your missing information.
- It's possible to skip a step and complete the steps after it. However, any step you skip will show as incomplete until you finish it. You also won't be able to complete your SEO Checklist until you finish all of the steps.
- It is not possible to verify your site using SEO Wiz more than once. If you need to verify your site again, you must do it manually. Learn how
If you get an error after trying to connect your site to Google, you can try the steps in our Troubleshooting article.