CMS: Displaying Collection Content in a Gallery or Table
3 min read
Tables are not yet available in Editor X.
Galleries and tables are great for displaying multiple items from your collections in one place.
Before you begin:
You need a dataset to link your gallery or table to the content in your collection.
Step 1 | Create a collection
Create a collection to easily manage the content you want to display. Once created, you can connect the collection to a gallery or a table. Learn more about creating a collection.
To create a collection:
- Go to CMS in your site's dashboard.
- Click Create a Collection.
- Enter a name for your collection.
- Click the How many items do you want in your collection? drop-down and select Multiple items (Default).
- Click Create.
Step 2 | Add a gallery or a table
In the Editor you can add either a gallery or table to display your collection. In Editor X, you can only add a gallery.
Wix Editor | Show me how
Editor X | Show me how
Step 3 | Connect your gallery or table to your collection
Create a dataset and connect it to your collection. This makes the content in your collection available for your table or gallery to display.
To connect your gallery or table:
- Go to your Editor and click the gallery or table element.
- Click the Connect to Data icon .
- Click Create Dataset.
- Choose a collection.
- Click Create.
- Select the field from your collection in the drop-down menus under Connection Options.
Note: After creating a dataset connected to your table, it automatically connects the fields in your collection to the columns in the table. You can click the Connect to Data icon to add more columns.
- Publish your site
When you connect a gallery to a collection, it does not display your items in the Editor. Click Preview or Publish to see your content displayed in the gallery or table.
Did this help?